7 LinkedIn Ways to Get On Your Buyers' Radar
Getting noticed is a challenge that many sales people face. Social selling is a way to overcome that obstacle; here’s are 7 simply ways to get the attention of your targeted buyers:
- Visit their profile - Make sure your settings are open so that others can see that you have viewed their profile. Visit the profiles of those individuals you are interested in; about 20% who notice you've viewed their profile will look back; be sure to look at Who's Viewed Your Profile every day and engage. Send a connection request with a personalised note: Thanks for visiting my profile, I had a chance to look at yours and (noticed something we have in common) so I thought it might make sense for us to connect.
- Follow - A very simple but powerful way to get the attention of a LinkedIn member. When you Follow a person that you are not connected to LinkedIn will send them a notification that you have followed them. This will, in most cases, pique their curiosity and they will check out your profile. To follow someone simply visit their profile and click the three dots to the right of their profile picture (new LinkedIn UI) and click follow from the list.
- Like, Share and Comment on Recent Activity - The reason people share content is to get engagement, so you can really make an impression by appealing to what matters to them.
- Get Warm Introduction - Being introduced by a shared connection is one of the most effective ways to not only get on your buyers radar but come in to the conversation with immediate credibility
- InMail – Research the individual; what can you find out about them and the organization they work for. Study their profile, look at what they’ve been posting or publishing, and look at their company website. If you can reference something they have posted, or mention a mutual connection the chances of the InMail being read will increase.
- Connection Request - Although I don't recommend a cold connection request is the best first move to getting on your buyer's radar, but it is an option. If you do choose to send a cold connection request, make sure you personalize then connection request so its meaningful to them.
- Congratulate - LinkedIn alerts you when your connections change jobs, have an anniversary, birthday, are mentioned in the news or other events, this is a great opportunity to engage. But remember, many others are congratulating them too, so make it memorable with a personal note.
Awards and Credentials